Wednesday, June 22, 2011

McKinley

This is an outfit post for my sweet, dear, McKinley (& some of Christopher)! I promised their aunt Katie that I would send pictures of the kids in their Joe Fresh Clothes that she helped pick out in March.

My Christopher's first Joe Fresh piece was a gift from Aunt Katie for my baby shower.  It was a 3-month-old size puffy vest, gray and green on the inside!   I looked at the tag and saw "Joe," and thought for sure she got it at some boutique in Canada.  When I discovered it was from a line that is sold in GROCERY STORES, and the prices were reasonable I knew I had to investigate.  It took 3 years, but I finally did get to investigate, and it was just in time for the kids spring/summer wardrobe.

I searched high & low for a picture of that puffy vest, but to no avail =( I did, however, find a picture of my second piece of Joe Fresh: a sweet red plaid button up, with corduroy trousers. Here Christopher in his adorable outfit, 4-months old, pictured with Aunt Katie, Uncle Ryan, and Miley.
Photobucket

OK, back to the investigation.  It was an all girls outing, sorry Miley you couldn't come =(  And we scored big, probably a little too big for the hubby's wallet.  It was GREAT fun! And each outfit has been loved by Mc'ster herself. (I have never called her that, ahah, a new nickname perhaps??)

 I am actually hoping to get the kids fall/winter clothes when we visit end of the summer, early fall?? Sound like a plan, Aunt Katie??

Up first is a sweet denim dress. Umpire waist, cinched with elastic, and two pockets underneath.  If they had this dress in my size I would DEF be twinsies with my 1-yr-old!  I paired it with her pink cardigan (not Joe Fresh), but was a gift from Amanda! (Thanks girl)

Here McKinley is picture at daddy's golf course.  The course is always a good backdrop for great photos!
Photobucket

Here she is pondering which club she will use for her next shot over the water.

Photobucket
Going to look for her ball.
Photobucket
I'll do better on the next hole, don't you worry!

The next shirt was not in the original shopping bag.  Daddy picked this shirt out! Dad has a thing for flowery, little-house-on-the-prarie type shirts.  Again, if it came in a bigger size daddy would have purchased one for mommy. The shorts are an adorable denim, with front pockets, and a nice once up fold. These shorts are so versitale, and worn with many other purchases from that day.  Along with other shirts in Mc's closet.

Pictures were taken on a family walk around our neighborhood, which ended in tragedy (nothing too bad, I just like the drama), but last picture is not for the weak of stomach.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Christopher is saying, "What kind of mom are you that you would take a photo while I am in agony??"

Are you guys getting tired yet? Hope not - two more to go!  Pictures below are of a sweet flowery, tunic top with nice top detail.  These were paired with the shorts from above.  The bunny ears were gifts from our babysitter, Jenni.  Those ears were major hits for Easter.

Two notes about the pictures below. First, you get a little peek from my Joe Fresh find, but it is literally a peek - navy and white striped shirt. Purchased red flats to go with.  That will have to be its own seperate post.  Second, McKinley spent the end of the April thru May with a black eye on her right side. The black eye didn't last that long, she just had two - YES TWO - different episodes which ended up with black eyes.  Poor girl! She is a toughy...proof below!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
McKinley almost passed out after this pic was taken from the choke-hold her brother had her in. (Just kidding...well sort-of)

Photobucket

aww, this is better!

OK, last one!  I saved this for last bc this was Aunt Katie's favorite outfit.  It is my go-to play wear, yet so stylish at the same time. Pictures were taken at a local playground. YaY! Slides.  Sorry for that silly hat.  It is way too small, but it has hook so she can't take it off.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These were not all the outfits I purchased that fine day, but couldn't find anymore pictures & you guys are probably tearing up from the bordem!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers