Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Date Night

Jeremy and I had a date night last night.  We ended up here, Merchant Square. But it took a lot of effort to get here, and did not go as planned.  See I had created this whole date in my head, on how we would walk the streets, dabble in&out of the store, feed each other treats you see people doing while walking down cobble stone streets.  You know, romantic movie type stuff! It was all a whimsical fantasy in my head.  The older I get I am learning reality is far from the fantasy world I live in my head.  The evening was lovely, but not as I anticipated.

Jeremy sends me a text 15 minutes before four.  He is supposed to be home at 4, but informs me that the he is going to have to stay at work a little longer because there is a storm moving through & he wants to make sure he is there to assist with the golfers.  OK, ok, I am a little sad, but fine with.  The storm ended up passing to the north of us so he was home at 4:20.  Not bad.

Then he came home, and wants help with what he should wear.  It is difficult enough for me to decide on my apparel.  I told him to wear what he will feel comfortable in.  So he ends up in work clothes.  Fine. Great. He looks great!

OK, so we are off.  But not before we have a small tiff about his phone!  I mentioned a small issue in our golf shop, and he couldn't get it out of his head.  I should've never said anything, especially right then.  So he NEEDS to send a "quick" email.  I was annoyed.

Now we are really off...but I don't feel the same.  You know, feel like in my fantasy world feel.


But I really try hard to shake it off, and remember we are together. Alone. No kids.  I take a deep breath and feel better.

 First, we ran into the restore.  There are so many projects I want to get done around here, but like most are on a budget.  This store is a fun option for lots of treasures, but sooooo hard to go into with kids.  We got a cool mirror for 10 bucks, but I digress.

Then after the restore Jeremy wanted his haircut.  So we did that.

Then we were off to merchant square. Let the fantasy begin!!
Photobucket

And it was adorable! As promised by local friends who recommended it to us! The street is closed to motor traffic, and adorable little colonial looking shops line the street. There are toy shops, candy shops, and cheese shops just to name a few!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

But my fantasy gets inturrupted once again my real life. That being my hunger.  It was 7pm and our reservations to this place were not until 830. I should have had a snack.
Photobucket
Jeremy checked to see if we could grab a seat early, and they said it would be a 15min wait. So we spent time in the cheese store. Here is my handsome date posing with some condiments:
Photobucket
other areas of this adorable store ~ fantasy be resuscitated!
Photobucket
the cheese store also has a little sandwich/coffee shop.
Photobucket

We got seated, and ate like Kings!
Photobucket

WE finished up dinner around 830, and walk outside to visit more quaint shops.  And it was desolate.  The hussle and bussle of the street were no more.  The open signs had all turned to closed.  MAJORLYdisappointed! My fantasy I created had NOT come to fruition. The only store left open was the candy store, not a bad consolation, but not what I had in mind either.
Photobucket
My tummy was so full none of this looked appealing. Shocking for me who LOVES sugar!
Photobucket
Us outside the candy shop, in the dark, no shops open, but still trying to be happy we are together. This picture was taken right before the sky opened up and begin to rain.
Photobucket

YES, rained. Hard! Luckily I opted out of cute fashion wedges (which were in my fantasy), for my flats (reality).  We ran to the car.


Things I learned on date night:
-try to never set expections, bc 9 times out of 10 you {I} will be disappointed.
-I do not know how to dress men, ie: my husband.  Everything he owns is either super nice for work, or super grubby for yardwork.
-running errands before our "date" is not a good idea - keep those seperate.
-always bring an umbrella.
-eat snack if reservations are late.
-make the most out of life! Proverbs 16:9, many are the plans in a (wo)man's heart, but the Lord directs her steps.

My real life is so much better than my fantasy one.  In my fantasy I am super selfish, and unrealistic.  I am learning to be in the here & now.  And loving every second of it.  Even if I get a little wet.

I did manage to walk a way with fun & delicous things.
Photobucket
Bamboo cutlery & cheese knife for me
Photobucket
yummy gummies for the kids!

2 comments:

  1. You look so gorgeous! I hope you're doing well and that we can finally catch up one of these days. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Barrie! I would love to try to catch up soon!?! Better yet a visit would be nice, too ;)) {wink, wink - nudge, nudge}

    ReplyDelete

Followers