Saturday, June 11, 2011

Avocado Pina Colada Smoothie

Yesterday's inspiration today's implementation! The avocado/banana combo made for a delicious smoothie! I was not sure which direction I wanted to go in. Whether to go the berry route, but my ultimate goal was a rich, creamy smoothie. So I decide to go with ingredients found in pina colada's! Yum-yum, the perfect summer treat!!
the key ingredients

add to your blender

my secret ingredient



all together now...
after well blended, add ice
the deliciousness




I am sure there are like 1,000 calories in this smoothie, but they are quality calories.
Here is the official recipe:
1/2 cup sweet potatoes, raw, chopped
1/2 avocado
2 small bananas
1 TBL vanilla extract
1/2 cup heaping pineapple chunks & 1/4 cup of the juice
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 stalk of kale, spine removed
Begin blending, after blended well add 1-2 cups of ice.

If I were to do it again, I may add some lemon or lime juice for a kick to bring out flavor. I also added a splash of water, but eliminated from above recipe bc it really was not needed. All-in-all it was a very scrumptious smoothie. We enjoyed right before Christopher's last soccer game of the season. He took the picture of me, btw, not bad, huh??

And since I just moved blogs below are my other smoothie recipes from my previous



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers