Thursday, June 30, 2011

2 Timothy 2:23

Says, "Don't have any to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels."

I would not say this is something I continually struggle with, but this verse resonates with me.

I may not quarrel daily, but 2 Timothy 2:23 helps me reflect on "foolish & stupid arguments" from the past.  Now I know I am forgiven, that's not what I mean.  Reflection is part of my sanctification process.  And one particular episode comes to mind, and it has to do with my niece.

My niece and I are 5 years apart.  Growing up we were more like sisters.  But through regular life circumstances have grown apart in recent years.

We have not been in contact with one another since last November.  Its a long background story, And who's right or wrong is not what's important here.  What's important is learning from the above mentioned verse. A good friend said a phrase to me that has help me through pety things in life. She asked me, "do you want to be right?  Or do you want to be righteous?"  Mark 8:34 is clear about this, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves, and take up their cross and follow Me." This doesn't mean life will be easy.  Its not.  Life is about Love.  Denying ourself.  Choosing righteousness, verses what is right to oneself.

When I read the said verses during my quiet time the other morning, my niece immediately came to mind.  I sent her a quick text expressing my love, and how if she wanted to talk I am here.

Nothing.

I could assume her number has changed, or the text didn't go through.  But what should I do next?  Should I contact my sister (her mom)? Should I actually call?  Should I send an email?  But you know what, I don't want to do any of those things.  I am going pray.  Pray that God will open the door of communication.  Because then the pressure is off of me.  God knows my heart.  He knows I do not want to be in this quarel & I have faith he will see me through.  Like always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers