Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our love story

My hubby just sent me the sweetest text message:

"I want you to know how much I love you and what you mean to my life.  I thank God for you daily and want you to know you are my perfect fit in every way.  Always stay the same."

Let me hear 'em: "awwwwwww"  Yes I know! I have the best husband...for me! I know many of you think you have the best, I am am sooo happy about that!  So here is a lil post about our love story.

We've been dating 13 years in October (24th to be exact!) 1998.  Got married 8 years ago in October (25th to be exact!) 2003.  We had our first child due (which, I am serious - October 26th) but didn't arrive until November 2nd of 2007.

 My Birthday 1999 - this picture is comical for SOOO MANY reasons!!                                
Our Wedding Day - 10/25/03
Our 4th anniversary, due the NEXT day - 10/25/2007



Jeremy and I met on a blind date.  Leny was the angel God used to introduce us!  I accepted Jesus that summer (1998).  I had just graduated high school, and I had no Christian friends.  I had a little children' Bible I would read out of.  So when Leny mentioned how each of us would be perfect for one another, we were both suspect.

Leny met Jeremy in one of her class at Montgomery College (MC), Germantown Campus.  I went to MC, Rockville.  On Jeremy's end, he had just returned from California, recommitted his life to Christ, and told his brother (Ryan) that he was not interested in girls & wanted to focus on his relationship with his Savior.  Funny side story about me and Ryan for a later post, but he basically didn't like me for the first 5 months.  Out of everyone Ryan was the MOST suspect of the whole relationship!

OK, so back to Leny.  They had class every mon, wed, & fri together.  For THREE weeks he told her he would call her, but was stalling.  Finally the wed into the third week, Leny asked, "are you going to call my friend or not.  Because if not then I will stop telling her you are going to call, if you are really NOT going to call.."  Jeremy promised a call.  It was Thursday night around 9:45,  and Jeremy knew he would have to face Leny the next morning. He decided to pick up the phone.  When I answered his first sentence to me was, "Sorry for the lateness of the hour."  HA! I never heard anyone talk like that before, and I thought it was adorable!  We talked for hours. 


 Highlights of that conversation are: him to me "what's your relationship with Jesus?" And me explain my acceptance a mere three months before.  Me to him, "What does your family drive? A bus?"  I had just found out he was the oldest of SEVEN children?  And I had no concept of how they drove around as a family. To this question he laughed so hard, I thought he was faking it!

We have since talked everyday for <almost> 13 years!  I think there were one of two days we didn't talk while he was away for a golf tournament, but I feel I can still say 13 years!  That's approx 4,745 days, but minus a few leap years and those days we didn't talk.  Either way that is a lot of days - talking!

That is the best part of our relationship.  We communicate. Well.  I try not to nag, and if there is something bothering me I think, "how will Jeremy live to receive this constructive comment?"  And I approach it the way that would still make him feel respected and valuable.  We both do not like to fight, so luckily we don't do it often.  We make sure we never go to bed angry, and we are both quick to apologize.  Even if I don't want to do it!

The best advice we received during our premarital counseling was, if you are always serving the other then nothing will ever go wrong.  For me, this does not come easy.  I definitely love feeling served, but serving him can be tough.  Of course, because I am a selfish sinner!  If Jeremy and I are not on the same page, I try to evaluate and say, am I serving him in this situation.  I am pretty sure I will be working on this for the rest of my life.  Praise God that He is gracious to us.

Another key to our success is regular date nights.   This does not mean we have to go out and eat at fancy restaurants.  Most dates consists of feeding the kids something simple (eggs, cereal, or leftovers) putting them to bed. Then ordering us food (usually sushi, Bone Fish Grille, or Buffalo Wild Wings).  We take our food and have a romantic meal in our lovely family room, and then usually watch a movie.

Now that we run a small business together, sometimes are alone time in the evening is going over bills, and getting caught up with the paper pushing of My Pro Golf @ JRCC, LLC ;)  We don't much care what it is we are doing, but if we are doing it together it is great!!

This is the life I dreamed of as a little girl.  When I use to play house, and baby dolls.  I often ask God, why me? Why the blessings?  I am not sure the answer on that one, but I do know He loves me! I know from Isaiah 12:3, "With joy I will draw water from the wells of salvation!"  It is nothing I did to deserve this, but I am thankful everyday for it!

Update on the main characters in this post - Leny and I are still good friends.  She is having her first baby at the end of the summer =))  She, of course, stood by my side on my wedding day.

Ryan and I are on good terms, ha! And we can laugh about the early days when he would give this short-haired girl, with long finger nails, from Silver Spring, Maryland the cold shoulder!

Its fun to reminisce, thanks for reading our love story. To end with more funny pictures, here is a collage my mother put together of us when we were dating.

again, soooo many things comical about these!
laugh with me
buahahahahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers